Prayers and Scriptures for the 4Tucson Social Services Domain
These are prayers and scripture references for the 4Tucson Social Services Domain. The prayers points are intended to serve as a help for you, if you are looking to pray over this sphere of influence in our city. The prayers are not listed in any particular order. It is our hope that as you read through scripture verses, they spark additional prayers for you to pray as you are lead by the Spirit.
1. Pray that needed volunteers will become available.
2. Pray for financial stability.
3. Pray for those who are seeking assistance.
4. Pray a willingness for greater collaboration between organizations that are similar in scope & ministry.
5. Pray against any discouragement or frustrations of current staff and volunteers.
6. Pray that any needed non-monetary related items will be supplied.
7. Pray for favor when pursuing grants or any other outside funding.
8. Pray for Christians to step out of comfort zones and volunteer.
9. Pray organizations are run with integrity.
10. Pray for God’s protection as any type of ministry can be a spiritual battle.
11. Pray for Sabbath rest, a time of rejuvenation or regeneration, for those who pour out of themselves on a daily basis.
|1. "There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." - Deuteronomy 15:11|
2. "This is what the Lord Almighty says, 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the foreigner or the poor. Do not plot evil against each other. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'" - Zechariah 7:9-10
3. "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33
4. "Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." - Psalm 82:3-4
5. "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom and his tongue speaks what is just." - Psalm 37:30
6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all; your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6
7. "But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5
8. "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
- Galatians 6:9
9. "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow peace raise a harvest of righteousness."
- James 3:17-18
10. "But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" - Psalms 56:3-4
11. "[Stop doing wrong], learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case for the widow.' - Isaiah 1:17
12. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6 (see also Hebrews 13:5)
13. "Do to others as you would have them do to you." - Luke 6:31
14. (Note: this is a hard verse to include because the context from which this comes addresses salvation. However, there are some whom the Lord has called to sacrificial giving. That’s the reason it’s on this list.) "...Sell everything you have and give to the poor..." - Luke 18:22
15. "[Jesus/Yeshua said], 'Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?" The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’” - Matthew 25:37-40