Prayers and Scriptures for the 4Tucson Government Domain
These are prayers and scripture references for the 4Tucson Government Domain. The prayers points are intended to serve as a help for you, if you are looking to pray over this sphere of influence in our city. The prayers are not listed in any particular order. It is our hope that as you read through scripture verses, they spark additional prayers for you to pray as you are lead by the Spirit.
1. "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." - James 4:10 (NIV)
2. "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit [through factional motives, or strife], but with [an attitude of] humility [being neither arrogant nor self-righteous], regard others as more important than yourselves."
- Philippians 2:3 (AMP)
3. "Guard your heart diligently, for from it flow the springs of life." - Proverbs 4:23 (TLV)
4. "Do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others."
- Philippians 2:4 (NASB)
5. "But above all, my fellow believers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or with any other oath; but let your yes be [a truthful] yes, and your no be [a truthful] no, so that you may not fall under judgment." - James 5:12 (AMP)
6. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday." - Psalm 37:5 & 6 (KJV)
7. "Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations. Proverbs 27:23 & 24 (NIV)
8. "I can do everything though him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
9. "Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. Not so with you. Instead whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all.” - Mark 10:42-44 (NIV)
10. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]." - 2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP)
11. "But whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm." - Proverbs 1:33a (NIV)
12. "There is nothing hidden which is not meant to be made perfectly plain one day, and there are no secrets which are not meant one day to be common knowledge. If a man has ears he should use them!" - Mark 4:22-23 (Phillips)
13. "Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." - Proverbs 2:11 (NIV)
14. "But to man He said, ‘Behold, the reverential and worshipful fear of the Lord—that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.’" - Job 28:28 (AMP)
15. Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth." James 3:13-14 (NASB)
16. A wise man is strong, and a man of knowledge becomes even stronger. For with wise advice you wage war and in many counselors there is victory. Proverbs 24:5 & 6 (TLV)
17. "It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things; He knows what is in the darkness, And the light dwells with Him." - Daniel 2:22 (AMP)
18. "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." - Romans 8:5 (KJV)
19. "But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23 (AMP)
20. "But I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons (and daughters) of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." - Matthew 5:44-45 (NIV)