Prayers and Scriptures for the 4Tucson Education Domain
These are prayers and scripture references for the 4Tucson Education Domain. The prayers points are intended to serve as a help for you, if you are looking to pray over this sphere of influence in our city. The prayers are not listed in any particular order. It is our hope that as you read through scripture verses, they spark additional prayers for you to pray as you are lead by the Spirit.
1. Pray for the teachers of faith who are currently teaching in our schools. Pray they will be God’s hands, feet & voice, examples to their students, even if they are unable to share their faith.
2. Pray for our schools to be free from physical violence, bullying, etc.
3. Pray that all subjects (reading, writing and arithmetic, et al) will be taught with integrity and excellence.
4. Pray for parents to be continually active in their children’s education, from nursery through high school and beyond. 5. Pray for teachers and parents to work together for children’s best education.
6. Pray that prayer will be invited back into the schools.
7. Pray that our schools are places where students learn critical thought and learn how to work/play/engage with one another rather than be separated out for their differences.
8. Pray for God’s wisdom, discernment and protection over schools boards and legislators who have the authority to implement programs into the schools. Pray they will make decisions that benefit the students, not what the world says is right.
9. Pray for God’s protection over our children. There’s a spiritual battle going on for the hearts and minds of children – pray against the spirit of suicide. Pray for discernment over teachers who may be the first to notice if a child or teenager is in need of help.
10. Pray the Lord will raise up Christians to teach, mentor, or be of influence in the public and private schools.
11. Pray a prayer of thanksgiving for all those who give of themselves to all aspects of education. Pray that the Lord will continually fill them with his joy, peace, and rest.
|1. "Train up a child in the way he should go [teaching him to seek God’s wisdom and will for his abilities and talents], Even when he is old he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6 (AMP)|
2. "It would be to his advantage that he have a millstone hung around his neck and he be thrown into the sea, rather than that he ensnare one of these little ones." - Luke 17:2 (CJB)
3. "Children are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers." - Proverbs 17:6 (ESV)
4. "I have told you these things, so that you may have peace in me. In this world you are going to have trouble. But be courageous! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33 (EHV)
5. "So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'”
- Hebrews 13:6 (NIV)
6. "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear, but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline [abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control]." - 2 Timothy 1:7 (AMP)
7. "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor your father and mother' (which is the first commandment with a promise), 'so that it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth.' Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."
- Ephesians 6:1-4 (TLV)
8. "Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked." - Psalm 82:3-4 (ESV)
9. "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." - Colossians 3:20 (NIV)
10. "But you, Adonai (O Lord), are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head." - Psalm 3:4 (TLV)
11. "In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us." - Titus 2:7-8 (NIV)
12. "The heart of the wise has power over his mouth and adds learning to his lips." - Proverbs 16:23 (NLV)
13. "The godly speak wise words and promote justice." - Psalm 37:30 (NET)
14. "When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."
- Luke 12:11-12 (ESV)
15. "I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace]. ” - Philippians 4:13 (AMP)
16. "But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23 (AMP)
17. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all; your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)
18. "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,[a] who gives to all without hesitation and without reproach; and it will be given to him." - James 1:5 (TLV)
19. "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will advise you with My eye upon you."
- Psalms 32:8 (NASB)
20 "...but treat the Messiah as holy, as Lord in your hearts; while remaining always ready to give a reasoned answer to anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you —yet with humility and fear..." - 1 Peter 3:15 (CJB)
21. "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up." - Galatians 6:9 (NLT)
22. "Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life. Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evil men." - Proverbs 4:13-14 (NIV)
23. "She opens her mouth with wisdom. The teaching of kindness is on her tongue." - Proverbs 31:26 (NLV)
24. "Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the LORD your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you in the way you should go.” - Isaiah 48:17 (ESV)
25. "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow peace raise a harvest of righteousness."
- James 3:17-18 (NIV)
26. "But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting him, what can mere man do to me?" - Psalms 56:3-4 (TLB)
27. "But I say to all of you who will listen to me: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who treat you badly." - Luke 6:27-28 (Phillips)
28. "The Lord will keep you from all harm – he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." - Psalms 121:7-8 (NIV)
29. "Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow."
- Isaiah 1:17 (KJV)
30. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV) (see also Hebrews 13:5)